Today’s advanced technology means that the dental field has flourished due to the modern machinery that has been invented and perfected in recent years. Here at Cornerstone Dental Arts, we make the most of this new technology, especially when we know it will benefit our patients and make their visits more complete. This is why we use the Cone Beam 3D at Cornerstone Dental Arts.
One of the high-tech devices we have in the office is the Sirona 3D Cone Beam. The level of precision this 3D scanner can capture is truly remarkable. The machine is revolutionary in the way it can obtain amazingly accurate images of your teeth and surrounding structures in just minutes, while you sit there still with no discomfort to speak of during the process. The machine may look daunting due to its size, but rest assured, it is perfectly designed to collect the needed images without invading your space. It is fast, futuristic, and makes dental appointments more accurate than ever before.
Here is more information about the 3D Cone Beam and why we use it. It is just another way we provide our patients with the latest and greatest technology out there.
Will You Use the Cone Beam 3D During My Dental Exam?
Not everyone will require the use of the Cone Beam 3D. We certainly do not use them during every dental exam or appointment. We use the Cone Beam 3D for special and specific reasons that require a closer view of the mouth, in three dimensions for superior clarity. Not every appointment requires such a view, such as a general cleaning, whitening, or when we are filling a cavity. If we do believe that using the Cone Beam 3D will give us greater insight into an issue you are dealing with, we then will utilize the device for its power and precise results. Like any other procedure done at Cornerstone Dental Arts, we will let you know what we are doing every step of the way; there are no surprises when you are with us.
What Are Some Reasons You May Use This Technology?
You have surely had “regular” X-rays taken at Cornerstone Dental Arts or at another dental practice you have visited in the past. These days, the results are more accurate than ever, surpassing what at one point we couldn’t have imagined could be possible. Now, with 3D imaging, the images are even more impressive, with a 3D view of the teeth, bones, soft tissues, and other oral structures. When you are suffering from a dental issue that requires a deeper look, or we need to be particularly careful before beginning a procedure or surgery, we will make use of the Cone Beam 3D to get a different and more detailed view of the oral area. Here are some reasons a 3D image is advisable:
- Root canal – before going through with this procedure, we will have a better look beneath the surface at your nerves and other structures. A 3D image may even alert us that a root canal isn’t needed after all – a relief to you, for sure!
- Dental implant placement – we can see beneath the gums, into the jaw, etc. so we can implant the restorative dental appliance as precisely and comfortably as possible.
- Removal of molars and other tooth extractions – a good look at what is going on gives us a clearer idea of how this procedure will go.
- TMJ and other jaw conditions – if you believe you are suffering from TMJ, perhaps due to repetitive and ongoing clenching, a 3D scan can see if any damage has been done and how we can reverse, repair, or otherwise treat you.
- Breaks and fractures to the teeth or jaw bones – some issues can be minute, so this scan allows us to see every possible angle and plan treatment at once. We certainly do not want a break to worsen, compromising the structure within your mouth.
- Pain – you may be experiencing oral pain and we cannot figure out why you are suffering. With the Cone Beam 3D, we may find the answer we have been searching for, something a traditional X-ray (and certainly the naked eye) may have missed.
Exposure to radiation from this machine is low, so there is no need to worry when we use it. Plus, your need for a Cone Beam 3D image will be limited, so it certainly won’t be a common part of your dental appointments.
If you have questions or concerns about the Cone Beam 3D, please do not hesitate to give us a call at (865) 531-7117. Of course, before we sit you down in front of the machine, we will fully detail what the process will be like. And remember, it is quite quick, so the whole thing will go by in a flash. That is possibly the most amazing part – something so snappy delivers results that are so sharp.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Cornerstone Dental Arts…perhaps in 3D!