Everybody wants a straight, white smile. Not only can a flawless smile make you look more friendly and approachable, but it also gives you a self-esteem boost. If you’ve been suffering from a less than perfect smile, then it’s time to do something about it.
We understand that imperfections with your teeth can have a lasting impact on a person. That’s why we’re here to help! Let’s discuss teeth whitening options as well as a variety of additional services that can help you get back the smile that you deserve!
What Are the Options for Getting a White Smile?
At Cornerstone Dental Arts, we understand that a white smile can leave a lasting impression. That is why we offer KOR Teeth Whitening as an in-office treatment. In a single treatment, we can remove years of stains and blemishes so that your teeth look as white as possible.
However, if you prefer an in-home whitening system, we offer that as well. While the market may be saturated with take-home teeth-whitening systems, our system actually works. In as little as two weeks, your teeth could be up to eight shades brighter!
Deciding between the two options may take some time. Most people prefer to use the in-office treatment and then follow up with the in-home system as maintenance care.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Whitening?
Of course, as with any treatment, there are a few pros and cons that you should keep in mind.
The pros are:
- You will have a whiter and brighter smile
- It’s fast and convenient
- It’s affordable
The cons are:
- Some people experience teeth sensitivity
- Stains can come back without proper care
- You will have to do maintenance whitening treatments
Be sure to talk with your dentist about the pros and cons that may impact your exact situation. It’s always best to be as informed as possible when making dental decisions.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a type of dentistry in which the procedures are done to enhance a person’s appearance. Many people elect a variety of cosmetic treatments in order to regain their confidence and look and feel their absolute best.
How Does Cosmetic Dentistry Go Beyond Aesthetics?
While it’s true that cosmetic dentistry can make a person look better, the treatments actually go far beyond that. Not only can it help with alignment issues, but it could also relieve some of the anxiety and stress that people may feel about their teeth.
What Are the Options?
Cosmetic dentistry includes a variety of options, including:
- Metal-free dental crowns: Metal crowns can look unsightly. If you have a chipped tooth (especially a visible one in front of your mouth), then a metal-free dental crown may be the right option for you.
- Whitening systems: Whether you choose the in-house treatment or opt for the take-home option, you are sure to feel much better about your
- smile once it is as white as can be!
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers look very similar to your natural teeth. In fact, nobody will know you’ve had work done just by looking at it!
Not only do these options correct a variety of problems, but they do so in a way that keeps a person’s appearance in mind.
Contact Cornerstone Dental Arts
Cosmetic dentistry may be the right option for you! If you are less than happy with your smile, then it’s time to talk to the professionals. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation. Our knowledgeable staff is there to answer your questions and provide the help you need to get the smile that you deserve. Give us a call at (865) 531-7117.
How ‘bout a stunning smile to make your summer even brighter? Of course, a dazzling smile is a year-round reward, but why wait any longer when the perfect smile you have been longing for is no longer out of reach? With porcelain veneers, you can have a smile that you thought only movie stars could flash. They are so natural looking, feel and function like your real teeth, and will give your self-esteem a boost that you just won’t believe.
Whether you need a minor cosmetic change or something more significant, porcelain veneers will change your smile for the better. Our team of dentists are not only technically savvy, but artfully advanced to make every smile look simply stunning.
Read on for more information about porcelain veneers, why they could be the clear cosmetic choice for you, and what is involved in the process. You’re probably smiling already!
What Porcelain Veneers are Made of and How The Process Goes
Porcelain veneers are made of porcelain (obviously), but they are crafted into thin shells that look just like real teeth. There is no “one size fits all” when it comes to their creation – each “tooth” is custom-made to fit and feel fabulous for the patient who’ll be wearing them.
As for placement, it will be a two-visit process to our practice. During your first appointment at Cornerstone Dental Arts, we will prep your teeth by removing a very thin layer of the enamel. This won’t damage the teeth or cause discomfort, but it will allow for room for the porcelain veneers to be placed over top. You do not want the veneer to protrude unnaturally or look too thick, so this minor removal allows for these cosmetic concerns. Once the enamel is carefully removed, we will take impressions of your teeth which will be sent to the lab where the veneers will be designed. While they are being crafted, temporary veneers will be placed over your teeth in the interim.
Once the veneers are ready (a few weeks at most), you will return to the office for your second (and final) appointment. With a special adhesive process, we will attach them to your teeth for a strong hold that will last for many happy years with proper care (details on care below). They will function just like real teeth, but look so much better. Another perk? They won’t stain!
Who is a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
If you have any of the following situations with your smile that you’d like to correct, you may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers. Of course, talk to your dentist to determine if porcelain veneers will correct the condition to your satisfaction.
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Stained/dull teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth (too crooked may require orthodontic work)
- Broken teeth
- Teeth are too long or too short (or mismatched)
- Bite is off/misalignment
- Spaces/gaps between teeth
Some patients have a series of teeth that can benefit from the beauty of porcelain veneers while others only have a tooth or two that need work. Every patient has specific needs and desires, and the Cornerstone Dental Arts team is here to hear your goals and recommend a smile-improving solution.
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Just like your natural teeth, teeth with veneers over top need to be taken care of properly. While they are super strong and durable, it does not mean they do not need good care to last to their full capacity. Here are some simple but important tips to follow to help keep your veneers in tip-top condition:
- Schedule (and keep) your dental cleaning exams. Your teeth need to be checked and cleaned, including your veneers. Plus, if they happen to chip or seem to be faulty in any way, we can figure that out right away before the issue leads to potential further damage. Twice a year is what is generally recommended in terms of regular oral exams.
- Do not clench or grind your teeth. This will wear away at the porcelain, not to mention the potential it has to affect your other teeth and jaw. If you think you may be clenching or grinding while you sleep, talk to your dentist about wearing a night guard at bedtime to prevent damage.
- Do not whiten your veneers. They will remain nearly flawless if you practice good oral hygiene habits. They will not whiten like natural teeth and can become discolored due to the bleaching agents in most whiteners.
- Brush and floss twice daily as you would regularly for excellent overall oral hygiene.
Are you ready to reveal a brand new smile? Porcelain veneers may be exactly what you need to smile like your favorite celeb. Give us a call at (865) 531-7117 for more information or to schedule a consultation with one of the Cornerstone Dental Arts dentists.